Amazon Two-Factor Authentication
What is Two-Factor Authentication
Two-Factor or Two-Step Authentication is an additional layer of security that has been added by Amazon to protect your account. This extra security check requires the Amazon account holder to verify their account by means of asking for a security code via SMS or the Google Authenticator App on top of the usual log in credentials and password.
Users that have an Amazon seller account with the same email as their Amazon buyer account
Two-Factor Authentication on an Amazon buyer account will be mandatory for users that have an Amazon seller account with the same email address as their buyer account. For those users, you should follow the section below with the heading "Enabling Two-Factor Authentication with Profit Scraper".
Users that are concerned about Amazon suspending their buyer account
For users that are concerned about getting their Amazon buyer account suspended due to suspicious activity, enabling Two-Factor Authentication has been seen to "whitelist" the Profit Scraper auto ordering service, so it's recommended to turn it on and follow the section "Enabling Two-Factor Authentication with Profit Scraper" to ensure the smooth running of your auto ordering.
Enabling Two-Factor Authentication with Profit Scraper
To ensure Two-Factor Authentication works correctly with Profit Scraper, follow the steps below:
- Turn on two factor authentication in Amazon and ensure that you are using the SMS authentication option.
- Enable "add address only" auto ordering in PS so that we can ensure it's able to login to your Amazon account
- Choose an existing order in PS and then from the drop down menu choose "Retry selected order(s) and add address only"
- After a few minutes, you should get an SMS from Amazon with a verification code and also an email from Profit Scraper.
- Refresh the auto ordering report and you should see a box asking you to enter the verification code.
- After submitting the code, you should then choose the same order again and then from the drop down menu choose "Retry selected order(s) and add address only"
- This time, the order should have added the address (e.g. completed the action successfully).
- You can then turn on the fully complete order setting for AO and then check if new orders coming in are processed automatically.